PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Notification email styles on form fields

1. How do I turn off the blue box background and bold type styling that shows up in the notification emails when using the form fields?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 20, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can't turn that off or edit the default layout, the content is auto-formatted for the {all_fields} token.

If you prefer to format your notifications differently, just build your own HTML and insert the individual field tokens for the form data where appropriate. Remember to check the "disable auto formatting" option so your line returns aren't automatically converted to < br/> tags.

screenshot: http://grab.by/8uqn

3. Thanks for the reply and visual reference, Kevin.

4. Sure. I'm happy to help out. If you need anything else, just let us know.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 21, 2011 | Permalink
  5. paulleeson

I just wanted to ask in reference to the above,.

All I would want to do is change the blue background on the default form to a different colour?

Is there a way to do this by editing a file? I know this will be a pain when updating GF but I just wanted a quick fix for this.

Paul

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink
  6. As mentioned above, the {all_fields} output is predefined and can't be customized. If you don't like the output of that merge tag then you'll have to build your own custom notification using your own markup and individual merge tags for each field when creating your notification message.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.