PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Notification emails all have domain name as from name

1. I have set up several forms on a few sites on my wpmu installation. When I set the "From Email" in the notifications settings to the "Email" field from the form, it does set that as the from address in the received email, however, it sets the Name of that email address to the name of my server.

So, instead of just sending the email from:

joe@randomguy.com

It seems to be sending from:

"mydomain.com" <joe@randomguy.com>

Any way to change this?

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday February 21, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This is a web hosting configuration setting, not a plugin setting. Because the plugin uses the PHP send mail function via WordPress email function call, your host is the one that is changing the sending from information.

You might be able to resolve this by using an SMTP plugin for WordPress that forces mail to be sent over authenticated SMTP.

Here is one example, but there are others available in the plugin repository:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Otherwise you will have to resolve it by checking with your web host.

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday February 21, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Hm, so are you sure? I installed the SMTP plugin and exactly the same thing is occurring.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday February 22, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Gravity Forms itself sets the from address as whatever you set. Your server takes it from there. You will want to check with your web host to determine why it is sending email that way. Gravity Forms simply uses a built in WordPress function to send the email, it doesn't have it's own email function.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday February 22, 2010 | Permalink