PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Now Edit Posts, Pages and CPT!

1. Hi Guys-

This is my first post to the forums so... Hello :) I am wrapping up a plugin that will extend Gravity Forms to allow the editing of Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types (including meta). I realize that this is coming in 1.7, however we won't have something stable for quite some time I gather. This is where "Gravity Forms - Edit Post" comes in.

Current Features:

1. Edit Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types
    2. Pre-populate the form for editing
    3. Restrict editing by author
    4. Allow the content settings like post_status to override the default form settings

There is still a little bit of testing that needs to be wrapped up but I wanted to post this now and ask for any requests for features before the initial release.

So, anything you guys would like to see in this plugin not mentioned above?

Thanks,

Kevin

PS. Follow me on twitter for updates as well (@p51labs)

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 25, 2011 | Permalink
  2. jbdurand

Is it possible to test your gravity extention?

3. jbdurand

you said
    "Edit Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types
    Pre-populate the form for editing
    Restrict editing by author
    Allow the content settings like post_status to override the default form settings"
    it sounds great.
    Eventually I would like to have a preview of the (gravity generated) post to enable the user to check before it's sent. It's especially important for images that cannot be previewed in the GF form.
    It should work on Ipad.

4. @jbdurand

I will have something next week to test out if your interested. I am currently working on adding some support for showing file uploads and activating conditional fields as necessary and that should round things out. The above has been tested and is working great. I do like the idea of the preview before the submission, I will look into that as I think it may be one of those low hanging fruit ;)

Thanks,

Kevin

5. jbdurand

I am ready to test whenever you want.
    I Will think about other features.
    It should be also possible to delete à post with a warning message "are you sûre you want TO delete this post?"

6. daniel davidovsky

Hello Kevin
    Since i'm working in a complex form with lot of items and options (like ordering several items from a deli), i'd like the user can review his order before it's submitted, like a "view cart" fashion. Then the option to edit the order and then submit it. I think it could be a great feature.
    thanks
    daniel

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 3, 2011 | Permalink
  7. What's the word on this?
    If needed, I'd be happy to help testing.

Cheers.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 9, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Any news on this? I'd be happy to help testing as well!

Thank you,
    Anton

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday November 19, 2011 | Permalink
  9. Wow!
    I would also be really interested in this, and happy to test it.
    Thank you

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Hi, I'm looking to do something more complex, but I'm a real newbie. I just can't get my head wrapped around how it works. I would love to take a look at your code to see what you're doing as an example.

For my project, my users need to be able to enter a bookmark-type post_type containing a title, url (custom type), website author (custom site), post author, summary/desc. (body), and tags on one form, then be able to select from a list of bookmarks and enter one of three other kinds of post_types -- favorite, to read, or review with favorite and to read being almost identical in requiring a post author, a post id (of the associated bookmark), notes (body), and tags, but review allows for post author, a post id (of the associated bookmark), review (body), and tags. Of course, the conditional logic should indicate that if the post author/logged in author already has an entry for that bookmark under favorite, to read, or review when he/she selects that, then everything should be populated so it can be edited rather than added.

I'm really looking for examples or well-written tutorials. I see references in the forums to suggested reading but as yet, I have not followed a link with an answer... :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

J

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 25, 2011 | Permalink
  11. inmoenred

Wow!
    Thank you

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday November 26, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Parker

Would love to get a pre-release version to test. A new project I'm working on has "edit" as a requirement, so this is perfect timing!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  13. Hi, I'm also interested in trying this out. But I'm almost done with the site, so I'd like to try something out soon. Otherwise I'm going to have to hack something together.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  14. Hi There, I'd also be very happy to help test this plugin. It seems very close to what I'm currently attempting to do.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  15. Teo

Thank you!!!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 4, 2012 | Permalink
  16. Any news from your plugin?? I'm looking forward to try the features, Is it possible to test it?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 24, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Hi Guys-

First my apologies for going underground for a bit. That aside, I will be releasing this plugin either today/tomorrow. There are just a few admin polishes for the first version before I dig into the second (yes, even more features on the way). The plugin is running on a few sites now with success, and so far the testing has gone very well. I will post again once its pushed to the WordPress Plugin Repository.

Thanks,

Kevin

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 9, 2012 | Permalink
  18. Hi Kevin

I'm interested in this as well, it would be a perfect choice for a project I am currently researching for a quote. Look forward to testing it out :-)

19. Very cool Kevin, definitely let the Gravity Forms team know when you have released this and we'd be glad to let users know about it. Anytime there is a feature or add-on that we have no official solution for we always let users know about any 3rd party add-ons or solutions that they may be able to use. You can get in touch with me regarding this via email at carl@rocketgenius.com

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.