PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Only show month and year in date picker field

1. Hi!

I am trying to create a date picker field with only months and year (MM/YYYY).

Is it possible?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 6, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Do you want to use the calendar, jQuery UI, or just drop downs with month and year?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 8, 2012 | Permalink
  3. First, thank you Chris for this amazing plugin!

I would want to use the date field, with date drop down as input type, but with only the month and year fields.

4. I don't think there is a way to accomplish just month and year with the build in drop downs. How about using two drop downs, one for Month and one for Year? You can create custom choices and "save as new custom choice" as "Months" and "Years" if you like. You would just need to paste in:

Jan - 01
    Feb - 02
    Mar - 03

or

January
    February
    March

or even just

The format is up to you. And your years can be whatever range you want. If those two inputs work for you, we can help you get them positioned side by side so they appear linked.

Does that work or do you need them in one field in the entry as well?