PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

PayPal Page Style isn't working

1. I have set up a custom "Page Style" in PayPal and am referencing it in my form. The form data comes across into both PayPal and payment success/cancellation all seem to work fine.

But PayPal is using the Primary page style, and not the one specified in the GF add-on.

I'm not sure what I can have done wrong as there's so little I could mess up. I've checked the names, tried a different browser (both FF 11 and IE 9) so I'm stumped!

WordPress 3.3.1
    Gravity Forms 1.6.3.3
    Gravity PayPal add-on 1.4

The form in question is here:
    http://therapy-online.co.uk/cost-booking-payment/

Mark

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Could I get some help debugging this please - posted 22nd March and no response yet!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 2, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hey there, our lead dev is looking into this. I showed him what's going on and we'll keep you posted.

4. Thanks for the update. Are you saying you have reproduced this as a bug?

Mark

5. We have been able to reproduce it in one of our test PayPal accounts, but have also been able to make it work on another PayPal account. We haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing this yet, but we are still looking into it. We will keep you posted.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 3, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Mark, there seems to be some inconsistencies with PayPal's end. We double checked the documentation and we are passing the correct variable. We noticed that if you use an image in the "Header Image URL" box it will show and colors will work fine. However, we also noticed that if you placed images in both the "Header Image URL" and "Logo Image URL" it only works if you set the page style to be Primary.

Anyway you could provide some more detail on how you have your page style setup so you don't have to provide your login info.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 3, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Subscribing

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I'm having the same problem-- the "custom payment page" never shows up when submitting via the PayPal Add-on:

http://www.tacticalresponseresources.com/classes (see bottom of page)

I'm only using a header image... looks fine from within PayPal's admin... it just won't display when submitting via Gravity Forms. I can't see where the value is even getting passed.

Any ideas how I can get this resolved?

Thanks,

Tommy

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 11, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Is there a way to ensure the "page_style" gets passed via a hidden field that I set up? For example:

<input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="MyCustomPaymentPage">

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 11, 2012 | Permalink
  10. It turns out that my client had given me the wrong email address. What I needed was the PayPal email address that he uses to log into Paypal. Otherwise, PayPal didn't recognize the account, and therefore, didn't know there was a custom page.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 13, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Very good. Thank you for that pointer. I think that will be useful to someone.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 13, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.