PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pagination issue

1. My company has taken over a new client whose WordPress site was done by the client's friend. I migrated it over to our server and now the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is a paginated Gravity Forms form here: http://northpointfitness.com/index.php/start-today

Instead of going to the next section of the form, when you click "next" it redirects you to the homepage. I've tried editing the form a little to see if it just needed to be resaved for some reason, and I've also duplicated the form and tried that one instead, but it's still just redirecting. I've also checked to see if all of my javascript is loading properly, and it is, so I'm really not sure why it's not working. Any ideas?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. How did you migrate the site to your server? Did you export the data via something like PHPMyAdmin and then import the data into the new MySQL database? The data associated with the form uses serialized arrays and some tools such as PHPMyAdmin do not handle these correctly when importing/exporting data.

One thing to try is the Meta Recovery Tool which can be downloaded from the Plugin Downloads page. Install and activate that add-on and it will add a Meta Recovery option to the Forms navigation. Go to it and then use it to attempt to repair the form meta information for each form and then test to see if it corrects your form.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 17, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Gave that a try and looks like it still isn't working.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 18, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Sounds to me like an issue with Permalinks. Were both servers IIS? Can you visit the permalinks page in the admin, then just save the existing settings and see if the form works. If not, verify that the permalink settings are correct for this server.

Just a wild guess. Permalinks on IIS servers are sometimes problematic.

5. Don't really know anything about servers, but the site went from a server that allowed "pretty permalinks," to the windows server my company uses which doesn't. What should I be looking for? Right now permalinks are set to "month and name."

6. You should try the default "ugly" permalinks and see if it works.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Default:_.22Ugly.22

7. That worked! Thanks a ton. Guess we're just going to have to deal with ugly permalinks.

8. Windows IIS is not the ideal server to run WordPress on, especially older versions of IIS. The newest version of IIS handles permalinks okay, but it can still have issues. Linux and Apache are still the most reliable web server to run WordPress on.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.