PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pasre Error on Activation

1. This is isolated to a client's site/server. I'm sure because I role this plugin everyday. But here is the issue:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/j/a/r/jaredfries/html/pandora/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 59

And it's hosted your favorite Provider (sarcasm): GoDaddy

Thanks!
    Rich

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday March 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 2nd question in the FAQ...

http://www.gravityhelp.com/frequently-asked-questions/#faq_installation

This is a PHP version error related to trying to activate Gravity Forms on a site that is not running PHP 5. The site is probably running PHP 4. You need to change the site settings to use PHP 5.

With GoDaddy when you activate PHP 5 in the control panel it may take some time for it to actually update on the server. It isn't instant... unlike every other host out there.

3. thanks carl! and sorry for not looking there first. I'll bookmark for future questions