PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Password field not sent

1. odesign

Hi,

I've created a form where the user chooses a password using the password field. This is not for Wordpress however so I need to manually create the account in another system using the users requested password. However, the contents of the password field is not included in the notification using {all_fields}. I can't find the specific tag for the password fields either as it is not showing up in the drop down menu. How do I include the contents of password fields in the notification email?

I want the field to be displayed securely (using the dots instead of clear text) and for the user to have to confirm the password. This makes using a regular text field a poor option.

//Oliver

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink
  2. odesign

I've managed to narrow it down to line 891 in common.php, where it currently says //Ignore passwords. I'm assuming this has to be changed out to display the password-values in the notification email. Can you provide some more information as to how to include the password-values?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  3. The password is not sent in the email for security reasons. You can use a plain text field and on the advanced tab, check the option "Enable Password Input" which will mask the input with asterisks in the browser.

You can create another field for the password match, and then use the gform_validation filter to ensure the fields match. I did something like that (ensure two input values match) here: http://pastebin.com/FqsWDDa4

We don't support modifying the plugin files, so I can't give you any advice on modifying common.php.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink