PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pay for Gravity Forms Directly with Credit Card

1. Is it at all possible to pay directly with a credit card? I'm having an unresolveable issue trying to pay with Paypal, and I was wondering if there's any way to pay directly with a debit card or checking account...?

Common sense tells me no because it's not an option at checkout, but in light of the fact that this determines whether or not I become a paying customer, I was hoping you could help me out and accept a direct payment. Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Sam

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 23, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Sam,

You can purchase Gravity Forms without creating a PayPal account and just pay with a major credit card. When you get to the PayPal checkout page, simply choose the "Don't have a PayPal account" link.

http://i.imgur.com/QixCxLI.jpg

Then you'll see the option to add your credit card information. You can enter your information and PayPal will process the credit transaction normally.

http://i.imgur.com/xmW0ys8.jpg

3. Great reply, Rob - much appreciated! Thanks for the promptness as well.

That was helpful, but still did not solve it for me. I screenshotted the error message that occurred when I used that technique and input my CC info, but I'm not sure how to upload it. Anyhow, it says "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." I believe this happened because the CC is attached to another account.

So is it safe to say that I have no options? Perhaps a sales rep can contact me and put the CC through without the use of Paypal as a middle man? That would be wonderful. Please let me know if it's an option, and I'd be happy to supply my cell number.

4. We hear you on the PayPal issues. We'll be migrating to another solution later this year for payments. What I may be able to do is setup a way for you to make a payment to us via credit card using our Stripe account to process the payment.

Let me know look into what the best way to handle this would be using Stripe and then I can contact you directly and we can make it happen. I believe we can manually process a payment via Stripe's admin like a virtual terminal. If not I can setup a payment form that integrates with Stripe.

Stripe is who we will most likely be switching to for payments later this year.

Let me know look into the best way to handle this and then i'll get in touch with you directly.

Is the email associated with your account on here the best way to reach you? To see which email you registered with click on the "My Account" link in the top right. Please confirm and then when I see how we can accomplish this using Stripe I can get in touch with you and we can make it happen.

We certainly don't want you to miss out on being able to use Gravity Forms simply because PayPal sucks, to put it bluntly.

5. Hey Carl,

Again, thanks for your quick response time. I also really appreciate you understanding my perspective and justifiable dislike for how un-consumer friendly Paypal is. I love Elon Musk, but Paypal sure isn't Tesla or SpaceX.

Anyway...I updated my profile to show my phone number in my "interests." I would prefer this be the primary contact to complete this transaction (I'd like to make sure I can use a coupon code). If I'm unavailable (I have a couple meetings later today), then please do go ahead and use my email provided in my profile.

Thanks for being proactive to make something happen here. I feel valued as a potential customer. :-)

6. I'll be giving you a call shortly. We should be able to process your payment via our Stripe dashboard. I'm closing out this forum request and we'll handle this privately. Thanks!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.