PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Paypal Pro Processing stuck and not confirming

1. Hi,
    I have a payment form setup. Transactions are being processed as I see them in paypal. However, the credit processing step hangs and never confirms the transaction. I do receive the confirmation email as well. it is just the web interface that hangs and never lets the user know it completed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this finished for a client.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Update - i thought I should mention I do not have IPN setup. I think it is not needed since I am not doing recurring payments. But please tell me if that is an incorrect assumption.

Thanks!

3. That is an incorrect assumption. IPN is Instant Payment Notification and it is the only way Gravity Forms will know the transaction was completed. You need to enable IPN in your PayPal settings so that PayPal lets Gravity Forms know the transaction was completed and the payment status can be updated.

However, that does not seem to be the only issue you have. Please provide a link to the page on your site where we can test the form.

4. Chris -
    here is the link:
    http://www.pm360online.com/trailblazerawards-entryform/

I'll update the IPN now.

Thanks!

5. IPN enabled now. Tested form again. Still getting hung up. Will clear cache and try again.

FYI - on the credit step. I have a first, last name field. AS well as the name filed that is attached to the credit processing fields. I mapped the standard (standard being non-credit card name field)first to paypal feed first name and standard last to paypal feed last name. Did this because while setting up the paypal feed it asked for first and last to be mapped separately. Only way to do it separately is to have a separate field. IE not the credit card name field which is one field holding both first and last.

Dave

6. Chris-
    Nope - cleared cache, IPN Enabled, but form is still getting hung up. Any ideas?

Thanks.

7. IPN has history with status of sent. Entries in GV showing as "approved".

DK

8. Hi,
    Just checking in on this. Please let me know if there are any suggestions, I am totally stuck.

Thanks!

9. I see with the URL now that you are using the PayPal Pro add-on. I tested your form and I received an error processing the card. That may be because I was using a test credit card number. The error (from the source of the page): <!-- Payment Error: 10001 -->

That error requires a call to PayPal.

However, it does not sound like that is what is happening to your visitors. They just never see your confirmation page after submission. Everything else is working correctly?

I noticed you have an old version of jQuery being loaded in the page by the theme:
    https://www.pm360online.com/wp-content/themes/pm360/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js?ver=3.5.1

That should be version 1.8.3 for WordPress 3.5.1. If you let WordPress enqueue jQuery, the correct version will be loaded and it may take care of this error.

If not:

How did you add 'processing' animation to the right of the submit button? Can you remove that?

Does the same thing happen (fails to confirm the submission) if you submit from the form preview?

If you are using AJAX, can you try without AJAX and see if the result is the same?

If none of these steps help, please start at the beginning by checking for theme and plugin conflicts by using these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Trying call jquery updated version as you suggested. Will update you on that. The processing animation is simply me changing the gif file in the gravity forms images folder. Can't imagine that would cause the problem. plus we had the same issue before I did that image swap.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  11. changed jquery version. Form works. Got the thank you page.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  12. Thank you for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 10, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.