PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Paypal problem - out of the blue

1. RichardBest

Hi GF crew

I'm having a problem with the PayPal Add-On which has started happening out of the blue and without my having done anything that I can think of that would be causing this.

My forms are going to PayPal properly and payments are being processed but Paypal is not returning users back to my site. Instead, I'm getting this message: http://grab.by/8O4q I've checked my IPN settings within PayPal and they're as they should be.

Do you know what might be causing this please? I'm thinking it might be at the Paypal end? Whatever the cause, it's a complete dog because it means I can't launch. I can't give a URL here sorry as the site is behind password protection.

Many thanks
    Richard

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday February 6, 2011 | Permalink
  2. RichardBest

Hi again. I think I've now sorted this out.

For those who suffer a similar fate, you might want to check out this PayPal discussion thread: https://www.x.com/message/193239 You'll see two potential solutions are mentioned there. In my case, the problem appears to have been related to the Paypal cookies. In Firefox I cleared both my cookies and cache, had another crack, and everything worked as it should.

The lingering doubt this leaves, of course, is that a client who purchases multiple times through one's site might encounter this cookies problem. It is a real problem because the client's payment will still be processed but he/she won't be redirected to the site and therefore won't get what he/she has paid for. This is, of course, a Paypal problem not a Gravity Forms problem but I thought I'd mention it. The only 'solution' I see is to hope it doesn't happen to clients and, if it does, to either reimburse them through Paypal or otherwise provide them with what they've paid for (with an apology and slight dig at Paypal...).

Cheers
    Richard

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday February 6, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Wow that sounds like an annoying issue for sure. I would suggest posting on that PayPal forum post and also say you are encountering this issue also. They definitely need to get this issue resolved as it could be highly annoying if it happens often enough.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 7, 2011 | Permalink
  4. RichardBest

It happened today to my first customer! Not a good way to start...

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 9, 2011 | Permalink
  5. I am getting this too for a client, and the cupboards are bare - no cookies - using a new browser. what seems to be happening is that after saving the form, the field type of Product when set as user defined price is now greyed out. that is when it ceases to work.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 12, 2012 | Permalink