PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Paypal Shipping and tax not being sent back to Gforms

1. We're using PayPal's shipping and tax and everything seems to be working fine now, except for the shipping and tax display. It shows up correctly in PayPal, but in the WP-admin and the email that the user gets from GForms, they're missing. For instance, if I sell a product for $1 with $5 shipping, then in the email receipt from GForms and the Entries table, it just shows a $1 sale and doesn't include the shipping and tax from Paypal. Is there an easy way to change this that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Update: user error on part of this. Was able to make the column for Payment Amount show on the entries table, but, still can't seem to have shipping show up on the user email. Thoughts?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I don't know of any way to add this information to your Gravity Forms entries. The user notification is based on the information you collected with your form, not the information that arrives back from PayPal.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday November 10, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Thanks Chris, but the Entries display does show the shipping data that comes back from Paypal, so I would assume we could add it to the email...

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday November 11, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hmm, sorry about that. I guess I never had shipping or tax added by PayPal to see if it is recorded in my entry or not. My apologies on the misinformation.

There is a gform_paypal_post_ipn hook which fires after successful IPN receipt from PayPal but I'm not sure if you can modify the user notification email at that point to include information added by PayPal. Let me ask the development team about this one and I will let you know. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 12, 2012 | Permalink