PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Plesk message after preview

1. Hi,
    I just installed GForms and created a simple contact form. All went well. Installation Status is OK. It was easy to create the form. Then I wanted to preview and got a Domain Default Page, see below. Should I contact my provider? What should I ask him? Please help. Thx.
    - Frans
    pixcels.nl

Parallels Plesk Panel
    © 1999-2010, Parallels
    All rights reserved
    Web Site's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because you have set up your Web server for serving a new site, but have not uploaded the site content yet.

You can do the following:

Upload your Web site contents using FTP.
    Install Web applications on your site: an image gallery, a discussion forum, an online store, a chat, and many other applications.
    Create a Web site using Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder wizard, if this service is available from your hosting provider.
    To log in to your Parallels Plesk Panel, visit https://pixcels.nl:8443

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 7, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Yes, please contact your host and tell them what isn't working correctly. I haven't seen or heard of this type of error before, so I can't even give you information on what to tell them except that your server is not configured correctly to show the preview page of a form you've created. That is really strange... Server caching? Maybe something wrong with PHP? Do pages on your blog work correctly? htaccess issues? It could be a myriad of things...

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 7, 2013 | Permalink
  3. I contacted my host. They think the setup of the blog is the cause. The site is installed following these instructions: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
    When we move index.php to /wp and modify the include to wp-blog-header.php instead of ./wp/wp-blog-header.php the preview does work.
    So we think this must be a problem in GravityForms, using a wrong relative path or something.
    Note: the form itself on a page works fine: see http://pixcels.nl/contact/. All other pages on my blog and other plugins work fine too. It's just the preview...
    Thx.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday May 13, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Hi David,
    What could be the next step?
    Thx,
    - Frans

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 5, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Frans,

I have WordPress installed in it's own directory following those same WP instructions and Gravity Forms preview works fine for me. 99% of the time this problem occurs when you move the index.php and/or .htaccess files when you should have copied them.

Copy (NOT MOVE!) the index.php and .htaccess files from the WordPress directory into the root directory of your site (Blog address). The .htaccess file is invisible, so you may have to set your FTP client to show hidden files. If you are not using pretty permalinks, then you may not have a .htaccess file.

Regards,
    Richard

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 6, 2013 | Permalink