PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Plugin for Styling

1. Is there a plugin available with a set fo of diiferent stylesheets I could chose from I was useing CformsII before and selecting a style was very convinient. using a drop down menu.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday December 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. There is nothing like that built in to Gravity Forms. The forms are designed to blend in with your site, and inherit much of the style from your theme's stylesheet. You can override any of the styles you do not like by targeting specific elements in the form of your theme's stylesheet. But there are no preset styles for the forms like themes or skins.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday December 4, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks how about center aligning the fields vs. having them left adjusted by default

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Do you have a link to your form we can look at? There is also a plethora of styling information here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Design_and_Layout

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  5. heres is a link http://24happliancerepair.com/ the form is in teh sidebar. Waht would I need to do to have the e-mail and phone center aligned. Alternatively put the phone next to e-mail field and put the submit bottom on the right.

Thanks for the link, I am not familiar with css coding so it will be a steep learning curve for me. My two cents feedback would be for future releases to have menu driven styling options. I like your product for several reason, but finding the styling umbeievebly combersome and not up to par with the rest of the qualaity of your product.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  6. This was a deliberate decision, not an oversight or shortcut. The forms are designed to blend in with your site, not stand out. Adding themes or styles goes counter to that design decision.

We can, as I suggested, help you with whatever style changes you want to make. You have complete control, not just a set of pre-defined themes or menu driven styles. You can do whatever you want with the look of your forms, and we are happy to help.

For example, here is a neat form created by one of our users with some assistance from Rob.
    http://www.ubikuos.com/te-unes-al-equipo/

7. Hi there,
    I'm having the same problem as this poster. I don't know CSS and I'm finding that the basic look of the gravity forms is quite disappointing.
    Check out the sidebar form of this site I'm creating in the new Headway. I'm no designer but anyone can see that that ugly 1998 "submit" button is ruining the professional look of this site.
    http://qualityhebrewtranslator.com/
    Can you tell me a simple step-by-step way to insert a better button that is aligned right?
    Thanks
    Naomi

8. Naomi, your submit button can also be an image if you don't want to style it via CSS:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/File:Form-settings-advanced.png

However, since I'm not sure of how you want your submit button to look, maybe you could try adding this to your theme's stylesheet:

[css]
    .gform_wrapper .gform_footer {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }
    .gform_wrapper .gform_footer input.button, .gform_wrapper .gform_footer input[type="submit"] {
    float: right;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    background-color: #444;
    border: 1px solid black;
    color: white;
    padding: 5px;
    cursor: pointer;
    }

@MediaInk you can use this to center your fields and right-align your button, place this into your theme's stylesheet: (note it looks like you used a ready class on the phone field, so just delete that out of the form builder and it should center align like the other fields).

[css]
    .widget .gform_wrapper li, .gform_wrapper form li {
    text-align: center;
    }
    .gform_wrapper .gform_footer {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }
    .gform_wrapper .gform_footer input.button, .gform_wrapper .gform_footer input[type="submit"] {
    float: right;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    cursor: pointer;
    }
  9. I entered the code in the custom.css using Thesis theme and did not work. ( I did disable the ready class plugin. Please advise.

P.S. Sorry I know that this will be sounding bickering (but at least straight to the point): You have this wonderful product with a lot of features. The users are told that the product strategy is intentionally aiming to blend to the existing theme. Well, I can see that in part. What if the the form needs to stand out from the theme to get extra attention or just simply have the ability to right or center align the fields. Blows my mind that the answer is to insert a php code "somewhere" which depends on the theme. This seems to me ignorant and forgive me but even an arrogant decision. You could have a styling menu which either goes with a theme or gives extra options over what the default theme offers. The look of the form is very important for conversion. Yes I am frustrated.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink
  10. MediaInk, this looks centered to me: http://grab.by/bnDb

and your phone field still has a ready class applied to it: http://grab.by/bnDc

Sorry for your frustration, but we can't assure that every theme creator out there is pumping out high quality styles and layouts for everyone's individual purpose. There is a lot of garbage out there, and people like taking short cuts. Gravity Forms is built in a way that can be styled to anyone's need. Right now we don't have any preset, highly customized, drop-in settings out of the box. But, anything is achievable and sometimes requires people with the knowledge to do so to ensure you get exactly what you want. I'd be happy to continue working this out with you and offer guidance where I can, and you always have the option to pay a designer to create and build exactly what you want.

As far as your theme goes, if you do look at how the form fields and labels look - they absolutely blend in and match with the theme. When you say what if the form needs to stand out and get extra attention - you just went into the custom realm. As stated above, I'm sure you can appreciate that there literally could be millions of ways to style and display the form - that's the power and flexibility of Gravity Forms - which the masses, as we've come to know - extremely appreciate.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Rob, you were correct the code did work. I probably had some caching issue with my browser.
    If I can get help you guys with styling in the future, will make it. Thanks again for your help.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 12, 2011 | Permalink
  12. We're here to help you make it. Just start a new topic for your issue if you have any more, and we will help you work it out. Thanks for sticking with it.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 12, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.