PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Plugin Install turns my wp admin blank

1. I just purchased and downloaded the gravity forms plugin. After I installed it and activated it, my wp-admin dashboard turned completely blank. I cleared the cache and restarted my computer thinking it was something on my end, but when I went to login again, the dashboard is completely blank.

I had to go into the FTP and delete the plugin off my server to access my wp dashboard. I also contacted Host Gator to see if the permissions were the problem, but they couldn't find any issue on their side and said it was the plugin that was the problem.

Can someone help? I just paid quite a bit of money for this not to work.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Sounds like a memory issue. Assuming you have the latest version of WordPress installed, you might just need more memory. Please see here on how to go about increasing the RAM:
    http://nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

If the screen is blank, you likely had a 500 Internal Server error. Since that error was not displayed to the screen, it may have been logged somewhere. Check with your host and see if you can determine what the error was that caused the blank screen. That will help us solve the problem with you.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 9, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I contacted my hosting company and they could not see an error on their side. I even deleted and reinstalled the plugin in while I was on chat with my hosting company. They said that if there was an error on their part, the system would produce an error message. They said to contact the plugin developer for assistance.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 11, 2012 | Permalink
  4. It's likely an issue with memory. Can you tell us how much memory you have for PHP and WordPress?

5. One other thing you can try to do to isolate the problem is to activate the Twenty Eleven theme, turn off all other plugins, then try to activate Gravity Forms. Let us know how that goes. If that works, you can begin testing for a plugin or theme conflict by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

6. I had the same issue, and I resolved by be increase the memory of the server in the php.ini file.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 8, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Hello,

i had same issue in my website,I am use Gravity Forms with the Authorize.Net plugin to perform a registration with payment for an Summer Registration.

once i have install the GF in WP.. after that when i am login into wp-admin,at that time a blank page occur's,when i have delete or change the GF plugin name after that i can login to wp-admin.

My memory details :-

PHP Memory Limit: 256M
    Memory Usage Sampling: 32.88 MB
    WordPress Memory Limit: 64M

can some one tell me how can i fix this issue ??

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

Can you increase your WordPress memory limit to 128MB and see if that fixes it please?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink