PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

PO files for translations

1. Hi there, I have the latest version of Gravity forms, and it includes a norwegian .mo file, but no .po files. There are some errors in the translation (bad nowegian). I would love to help you with them, and let you know. But for the time being I really need to be able to update it myself without having to make a whole new translation.

Could you please email me the .po file for gravityforms-nb_NO.mo - thanks in advance.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday November 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. tyggis

I need the same, thanks. Is there a way to edit the norwegian mo file, I will not translate the whole shabang?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  3. The Norwegian Translation file was supplied to us by a user, it wasn't one we had translated in house. We were only supplied the .mo file, the user did not send us the .po file. It's been a long time since we have heard from that user.

We include user submitted translations as a courtesy, we haven't done official translations ourselves. Some translations are more complete than others, such as the Dutch, German and French translations.

We have discussed implementing officially supported translations in all of the most popular languages in the future, however it won't be until sometime next year. We have discussed hiring a translation company to handle the localization.

Another option is using GlotPress and standing up an area on the support site where users can contribute to the translations. I tend to lean towards paying a company to translate, although users have expressed interest in contributing to translations so a community translation area hasn't been ruled out.

4. tyggis

Ok, thanks.
    Its just so freaking annoying to not be able to change just four words in the .mo file :D

5. tyggis, send me an email at jarle @ bergersen dot net and I will send you the PO file I was able to create from the Gravity forms mo file.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Jarle,

I sent you an e-mail. Any help would be much appreciated. I know of a few people in my office that would love to take over the Norwegian translation for this.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  7. mgnebdal

Are there any news on this? In my recently updated gravity forms the Norwegian language file is still in serious need of a makeover...

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 27, 2012 | Permalink