PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pop-up error messages - are they possible?-

1. Hi

I'm putting a form together for a client and he's complained that the error message (which appears, as it should, if someone submits the form incorrectly) is buried at the base of the page. I must say i agree with him.

Is it possible to have a pop-up error message (ideal) or, if not, at least position the error message at the top of the page in bigger text. If these alternatives are possible, how are they done?

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday May 28, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Can you post a URL to your form page so we can take a look and offer some specific suggestions?

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 29, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply

Here's the URL
    http://absolute.cairnsqueensland.net/

The form is a row that the client wants fairly low on every page (just above the footers). I appreciate having it nearer the top might solve this problem, but that would detract from the page design.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 1, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Any progress on this?

My client is still waiting for this issue to be fixed, even though the site is now live - see http://portdouglascottage.com/ )

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 6, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding, you might want to take a look at using the gform_confirmation_anchor filter which will automatically scroll the page to the form if validation fails, you would add the following to your theme functions.php file

add_filter("gform_confirmation_anchor", create_function("","return true;"));

Regards,
    Richard

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 6, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.