PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pop up forms

1. Can I use gravity forms to create a pop up form on my wordpress site? I am looking to do forced registrations, social registrations, and appointment registrations. Can these pop up forms preload info into the subject line as well?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 29, 2013 | Permalink
  2. The pop up (lightbox) functionality will be handled by another plugin on your site, not Gravity Forms. You can create the form in Gravity Forms, then embed that in a page, and load that page into your pop up. It's not a feature of Gravity Forms, but many users have done it.

Which subject line do you want to preload info into, and what info would that be? I suspect the answer is yes, but we need more information from you before answering for sure.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 30, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Thanks Chris, so let's say for real estate appointments, if user is looking at a property and clicks button to "schedule showing" I would want the address and MLS# associated with that property to be preloaded into the subject line of the contact form and also have some preloaded text associated with that info in the message body as well. Alll of this functionality, in a wordpress gravity form, but as a pop up form.

4. David Peralty

Your pop-up form link would include a query string that would help Gravity Forms pre-fill that data. Whatever pop-up/AJAX window solution you choose would have to support Query Strings if you wanted this to work, or you would have to code a pre-render using our gform_pre_render hook to pre-populate the form on the page (if it is one of those "form is in a hidden div" type pop-ups. Again, get the pop-up part working and then we can discuss pre-rendering details on the form. This was written by one of our team several years ago, and should get you on the right track: http://www.gravityhelp.com/creating-a-modal-form-with-gravity-forms-and-fancybox/

5. Thank you David and Chris for your help.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 31, 2013 | Permalink
  6. You're welcome. Do you need any more information before you make your purchase decision?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 1, 2013 | Permalink
  7. JJHerman

This does not seems like the best solution, right? Especially for the pageload popup. Anything new on the horizon. Should I actually execute the above along with pageline popup? I really want that feature.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday April 29, 2013 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

This is the only solution we have, we haven't made any changes with regards to such a thing. Configuring the pop-up and how you want it to work is really on you. There are so many solutions out there to make this work. All my best!

Posted 10 years ago on Monday April 29, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.