PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Populating Dynamically

1. I apologize in advance for asking a question that has to be out there already. However, I am not advanced enough to figure it out. I have a multi-page form that combines various forms. As a result, multiple instances of fields are required. How do I go about dynamically populating the first name and last name from page 1 onto the other pages? Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you post links to the pages where the forms in question are embedded please? Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 14, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Sure. Here is the form: http://brokenarrow.powermediallc.org/athletic-participation-packet/

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 14, 2012 | Permalink
  4. If this is form #1:
    http://brokenarrow.powermediallc.org/athletic-participation-packet/

What is the URL for form #2?

You said you have a multi-page form that combines various forms. I'm not sure what that means.

Can you tell us if you want something in this form pre-populated, or if you have another form you want populated with data captured by this form? If there is another form involved, please post the URL. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 15, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Sorry about the confusion. This is the only form (combines 7 paper forms into 1 online form). What I'm trying to figure out is if I could use the first name, last name completed on page 1 and have that information automatically populated in those fields on page 2, 3, 4.....? Hope that helps.

6. Oh, I see. You want to pass the value from page one to the same fields on all the other pages? Should the fields be editable, or do you just want to display the information on subsequent pages for the visitor's reference? You don't want to record their name in the entry on each page, do you? That would mean the entry stores their name in multiple places, which does not seem to make sense.

Can you explain why you want the name on each page of the multi-page form? Thanks.

7. Well...I agree with you, but wanted to show the option of names being on each page. It would make it 'more official' within the school district if they sign off on the information that included their names.

The fields do not have to be editable. However, I'm just seeing if doing this is an option. Whatever way is easier.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 16, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Perhaps this could be of some help to you:
    http://gravitywiz.com/2012/08/04/better-pre-submission-confirmation/

9. function populate_form_fields( $value ) {
        return esc_attr( $_GET['first_name'] );
    }

// Make sure form field has a dynamic parameter of first_name (Advanced tab)
    add_filter( 'gform_field_value_first_name', 'populate_form_fields' );
  10. @technosailor...anyone. Any more tips with this? Having a hard time getting it to work. Thanks for your input!!!!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 21, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.