PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Possible to use drop down :label and :value in form calculations?

1. I know :label can be used in notifications, but is it possible to do the same thing in calculations? I basically want to use the drop down like a table of values. I need to do calculations on both the label and the value for each item in the drop down. Is this possible?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 5, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You can: I just tried it. I configured a drop down of Percentages where the labels were 80, 90, 100, and the values were .80, .90, 1.0. Then I used the merge tag for the drop down and added :value and the value was used in the calculation. I removed the :value and then the label was used in the calculation. Try it and see if that works for you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 5, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Chris,

I get the value regardless if it's {field:1} or {field:1:value} or {field:1:label}. It all spits out the value.

Here's the xml: http://pastebin.com/BxVQKZg8

- Ben

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 7, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I installed your form and I see what you mean. Then I went back and tested my form and cannot get it to work as I thought it worked before. It does not appear you can use the label in calculations. My example with percentages was trivial in that you could do the math in the calculation just as easily as using the label instead of the value. Are your labels and values related in a similar way where you can perform additional math on the value, in the calculation, to simulate using the label?

Sorry for the misinformation.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 8, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Thanks Chris. Unfortunately I can't do math to calculate the other value... it's more of a lookup.

I'll have to find another way around this.

- Ben

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 11, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Let us know if you need help with another approach.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink