PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Possible to Use Gravity Forms Outside of Wordpress?

1. gryan

Love using the gravity forms! This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to use a form on a standard html page outside of wordpress? basically, is there away to export the code for embedding purposes?

Posted 13 years ago on Friday November 19, 2010 | Permalink
  2. gryan

I see there is a way to export the form via xml, will that work if styled inside static html page that is not in wordpress?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 22, 2010 | Permalink
  3. You can use an iframe to embed the form in another page, but there’s not currently any other method.

You would want to create a very simple, plain wordpress page template - create a new page using that template to house the form. Then you’d grab the page URL and use that for an iframe on an external site.

We’re looking into ways to do this in the future, but there are some technical hurdles with other embed methods that will have to be overcome if we can.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 22, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Hey Kevin...have you guys developed an easier way to do this? I'm hoping to implement a Gravity Form on a non-Wordpress page.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 31, 2011 | Permalink
  5. We don't have an easier way to do this. Gravity Forms is designed specifically as a WordPress plugin so we don't currently have any features or functionality to display a form on a non-WordPress site or another site. The iframe method and a blank page template mentioned above is the only method that can be used.

6. Ok that makes sense Carl, thank you. Do you know how I could get a completely blank wordpress page template to place my GForm, which I could then use iframe?

7. The latest response on this question was in 2011. Have you guys put a feature in to allow Gravity Forms to be used outside Wordpress?

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 4, 2013 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

No, Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin, and other than inserting it into an iframe, there isn't a way to use Gravity Forms on an non-WordPress website.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 4, 2013 | Permalink