PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post creation: multiple posts per form?

1. Hi,

Wondering if there's any way to create multiple posts with one form. I.e. multiple post titles, bodies, etc? Tried it, but it only let me add one post title per form...

Also, with PayPal integration add-on. I can't get PayPal to issue IPN's for test (sandbox/development) mode. That makes it impossible to test the 'only publish post once payment received' functionality. I know you can send a test IPN through the sandbox, but I'm not sure what settings I'd need to put in to PayPal to reconnect up with a form entry in GF. Is this possible? How? If not, what's a work around for testing PayPal integrations like this?

I would just put in 0.01 in the amount box and use the production environment, but I don't seem to be able to put in a price of less than £10.00?

Anyway, great plugin, really adds value to my clients. Your support on these questions mucho appreciated.

Dave

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 9, 2011 | Permalink
  2. @divydovy There is currently no built in option for creating multiple posts. You'd have to do it as a customization by writing custom code.

As for PayPal, you test by setting your PayPal feed when setting up Gravity Forms/PayPal integration for that form so it is in test/sandbox mode. It is an option when configuring it in the Gravity Forms add-On. You then submit forms just like you would in production. You must be logged into the Sandbox when doing these tests.

3. Hi Carl,

RE: Multiple posts - thanks for the clarification.

RE: PayPal - you misunderstand. In test mode, it doesn't seem possible to test PayPal-dependent actions (like user registration or post publishing) because the PayPal sandbox IPN doesn't work. Therefore no IPN can be received by GF, so no action can be taken. I understand this isn't GF's issue, but it'd be really helpful to know what GF expects back from PayPal so we can at least use the 'send test IPN' tool to work around PP's failings...

Cheers,

Dave

4. @divydovy The PayPal IPN in the Sandbox should work automatically. It works in our tests and we also use the Sandbox to debug issues with IPN so I know it does work. Is it not working for you? If not, it could be a web server issue on your end. Make sure you are running the latest version of the PayPal Add-On which is available on the Add-On Downloads page and then test again.

You can't use PayPal's "Send Test IPN" feature, it doesn't know the IPN information. You have to test by submitting a form that is configured to use PayPal with the feed settings set to Sandbox/Test Mode. The form sends the IPN configuration information to PayPal so it knows what to send.

5. Hi,

I understand this post hasn't been updated in a while, but I was wondering if you could give some feedback on allowing multiple posts.

I'm trying to give two options for posts. The posts go to two different custom post types. They are conditional tags based on a radio button selection at the top of the form.

Can you give me an idea of where in the source code I would need to look to allow multiple post titles/bodies on one form? I spent some time looking for it and I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday May 17, 2012 | Permalink