PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post Fields - Attachments Other Than Images

1. I am looking to use a Gravity Form that will create a new media post with a file attached (PDF or DOCX). I have used the Custom Post Type plugin and this works fine when you choose Image in the in the Post Fields section and upload an image. It create a new media item with the image.

However I don't want the media type to be an image. I want it to be a PDF or DOCX file to allow staff to add Letters to a site, without going into the backend.

Therefore is there a way to either:

1. Add additional media types (mine types) to the "Image" fields in Post Fields so it allows PDF's and DOCX file as well as the normal image types; or
    2. Make Gravity forms attach files from the "File Upload" field under advanced fields to the post created by the form?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday April 29, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

First, the Custom Post Type Add-on wasn't created by rocketgenius, and as such, we can't support it. You'll have to contact the plugin author.

In Gravity Forms, you can create a custom field and change the type to file upload. It will then let you select the allowed file types. Hopefully that helps.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink