PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post Fields "Category" Conditional Logic Bug?

1. I used the Post Field "Category" so that when a user submits a GF, it sets the category. That works fine but what seems to be broken is the conditional logic for later in the form?

I'm trying to do the conditional logic that IF 'X' Category is selected from that drop-down then do 'Blah,Blah,Blah'.

But when I try to do conditional logic that drop-down doesn't show up as a conditional logic option? I think this is a bug. Any advice or anything?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I will also note that the conditional logic works fine for just a standard drop-down that I added. It only seems to be broken with the Post Field "Category" drop-down.

Also, FYI, I'm using GF version 1.6.2

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Chineseand

Another thread following the same issue here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/conditional-logic-by-category?replies=5#post-48970

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 10, 2012 | Permalink
  4. The problem is you are trying to use functionality that does not exist in the version of Gravity Forms you are using. The functionality you are referring to is brand new and isn't available in the current public release.

The Post Category field was only made conditional logic compatible in Gravity Forms v1.6.3 which is currently a beta test release. You can read about it here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-v1-6-3-beta-2-released/

You are using Gravity Forms v1.6.2 which is the current public release.

If you want to use this functionality than you would need to manually install the beta test release.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 10, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.