PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post Fields - Post/After Submit Actions Possible?

1. Hi

I have been using TDO Mini Forms for a while and decided to give Gravity a try. I have used a feature in TDO that I can't find in Gravity setup and I would like to ask if there's a way to do it.
    Here is what I want to achieve.
    1) User submit a form with information on an article (community link service)
    2) I want to add this information to a post in WP. While doing this I would like to take the information put into the other fields and add to the Post body (this is title and url) and append it with the information the user added to the post body field.
    Does this make sense? And is it at all possible to do this kind of actions after user have submitted the form?
    Regards
    Lars

Posted 13 years ago on Friday May 14, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Yes it makes sense. Currently this is only possible using API hooks and manipulating the post body after the form is submitted. How comfortable are you with PHP and WordPress hooks?

We do plan on making this a feature that you can control from the form builder. We plan on making it so you can manipulate the post body using form field variables and build your post body that way.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday May 14, 2010 | Permalink