PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post more than title and body

1. anibaba

Hi all,

I have a question on how can we allow blog users to make a post using a form that contain more than the title, and the body fields.

When adding other component using gravityforms while building the form can we show in the post (once published) these data ?

Regards

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 23, 2010 | Permalink
  2. There are other Post Fields (Post Tags, Post Category, Post Excerpt Post Custom Fields).

There is a feature on the Post Title, Post Category and (in 1.5) the Post Custom Fields called Content Template that allows you to insert the value of other fields into these fields. So you can use this to display other form field values as part of the Post Body content.

It works similar to how Notifications work where you can customize the Message Body using form field values.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 23, 2010 | Permalink
  3. I'd like to be able to add a prepopulated Post Tag in that field but haven't figured out how. I am loving this plugin but find that the documentation needs quite a bit of expansion (for the price). Can you help with this? I've searched but not found the answer...

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 12, 2011 | Permalink
  4. @vizou I'm not sure what you are referring to, it isn't clear what you are trying to do.

Content template functionality is available on the Post Title, Post Body, and in the 1.5 development release the Post Custom Field.

If you are trying to use content template functionality on the Post Tag field, it isn't supported.

If you are trying to pre-populate a Post Tag field the only way to do this is by using the Default Value functionality found under the Advanced tab when editing the field. It can also be pre-populated dynamically via the query string or by writing custom PHP.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 14, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Thanks Carl; it isn't/wasn't clear to me whether the Default Value actually becomes the value if none is specified. What I'm trying to do : I want to have a specific tag assigned to a form entry. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough... and I am in LOVE with Gravity Forms for the record. Superb job on everything!

6. The Default Value is used when the page is loaded, it isn't used if no value is entered by the user. It's the value that will appear pre-populated in the field when the form loads.

If you don't want the post tags field visible to the user what you can do is edit the post tag field, select the Advanced tab and set visibility to Admin Only. This should hide the field from the user while setting a default value if you have configured one.