PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Post Title Field Template Question

1. ckrauskopf

Hi,

I have a form set up to create post using post fields. When creating my posts from this form there is a strong possibility of a name space conflict - I ask the user to enter a name for their post, and it's likely that there will be some people calling them the same thing. I would the title of the custom post to be made unique by appending the post ID of the post that is created by this form (I specifically want to use the post id as the mechanism for making it unique).

When looking at the content template field for post titles I see a merge tag under the "Other" section that is called "Post ID". It seems like this should do exactly what I want, namely insert the Post ID of the post created on form submission into my post title. But it doesn't seem to be working. Other merge tags are successfully altering my post titles, so the content template works, but not the Post ID field.

So the question: Do I misunderstand what this field is supposed to insert in my post title content template, or is something not working correctly?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 30, 2012 | Permalink
  2. ckrauskopf

Note - I'm creating a custom post type using the 3rd party plugin that extends post fields to work with custom post types. I'm 99% positive that my question is related to core GF functionality and not the 3rd party plugin.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 30, 2012 | Permalink