PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

POST to external URL only (not GF)

1. jamesglenos

After some searching, I came across and successfully implemented some code to POST to an external URL as described here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/cant-find-any-instructions-to-post-form-data-to-external-url

Now, I'd like to find out if I can prevent submission of data to GF. The external POST URL is for secure form submission and I prefer to submit data only once.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 10, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi James,

There is currently no standard way to prevent Gravity Forms from saving the data; however, you can delete the data once it has been saved. If you're feeling frisky, there possibly could be a way to prevent Gravity Forms from handling the data altogether via the pre_submission_hook (last hook to fire before Gravity Forms saves the data); however, it would be ripe for issues. :P

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 15, 2012 | Permalink