PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pre-purchase questions

1. poweb

Hi!

Thank you for a great plugin. I'm looking at buying the dev license but I have a few questions.

I want to create a website where people will be able to make a booking for a table in a restaurant. BUT, I don't want them to be able to book less than one hour before a certain time (such as 12 pm for lunch).

Everyday, the last opportunity to make a booking should be 11AM for Lunch time or 4PM for dinner the same day. This would be repeated every day. So if someone tries to make a booking at 11.30 for lunch they will receive an error message, too late for booking, come back later, or something like that. It would be locked on a fixed time zone, so no requirement to "understand" the time zone of the browser or something... This happen in the same city.

Would this be doable with your plugin? Would it require customisation? Will buying a dev license give me access to this kind of support? Are such customisation even possible (I'm very much open to suggestions here :) ). I've heard a lot of good things about you guys, let me know if something is doable.

Thank you very much for your time,
    Cheers,

Ben

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday July 4, 2013 | Permalink
  2. poweb

Hi,
    In simpler terms, could i use gravity forms as a booking form where i could set how far in advance an appointment can be booked?
    Thanks,
    Ben

Posted 10 years ago on Friday July 5, 2013 | Permalink
  3. David Peralty

Gravity Forms isn't ideal for this kind of situation as we don't have the ability to control dates/times as you've listed in your longer, more detailed message. You would have to create a great deal of custom code to do it with Gravity Forms. There is a large thread on our forums where people are discussing options for Booking plugins for WordPress, and the consensus is that there isn't a good option yet...

4. poweb

Hi David,

Well... that was not the answer I was not hoping for :)

Thank you for your answer anyway. I found a plugin called birchpress scheduler pro that might do the trick. However yours is much more attractive in many ways. If one day, you get inspire by them, you'll have me as a customer!

Have a good day and thank you again for your reply,

Ben

5. David Peralty

No problem, and all my best. Good luck with your search.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.