PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Problems updating plug-in to current version from within WPress

1. I tried updating GV plug-in from my Plug-ins menu inside my WP dashboard, but it tells me that I'm currently updated. However, when I visit the plug-in page, it shows the info below -note the version that is running and then the announcement that there's a new update available. I have a license key good through August. How can I get around this snafu so I can update to the newest version?

Select Gravity Forms Gravity Forms
    Deactivate | Edit
    Easily create web forms and manage form entries within the WordPress admin.
    Version 1.3.13.1 | By rocketgenius | Visit plugin site

There is a new version of Gravity Forms available. View version 1.6.3.2 Details. Register your copy of Gravity Forms to receive access to automatic upgrades and support. Need a license key? Purchase one now.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 9, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Forgot to show you the error msg on the update page.

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.
    Updating Plugin Gravity Forms (1/1)

An error occurred while updating Gravity Forms: The plugin is at the latest version..

All updates have been completed.

It's clearly not the latest version though. When I go into my change log in the actual files on my desktop, I see only the 1.3.13.1 version as the recent listing in the log...

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 9, 2012 | Permalink
  3. You can always download the latest and greatest here to install manually via the zip file:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

From the plugins page, all you need to do is deactivate your current version, then delete it, then install the new zip file, then activate it. Your data won't be lost by doing this.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday March 10, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Great, it worked this way. But why can't I find Gravity Forms using the search field for plug-ins? I tried under Rocketgenius, too but a lot of other plugins show up. Just thought that was unusual. But thanks for your help, Rob, it's all good now. :)

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 12, 2012 | Permalink