PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Get Uploaded Image Link and Insert Into Custom Field

1. I have been trying to add a new feature to my site where users will be able to submit new posts. One problem I found was that when the user uploaded a image it did not show in the post automatically. I searched the forums and I found a topic on automatically inserting the image in the post but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

The problem is I use alt texts for images and I noticed that gravity image upload form did not include a way to include the alt text for the image. I only saw Title, Caption, and Description.

Since I am using Thesis 1.7 I decided to use thesis custom image fields instead. Since there is a custom field for the alt text and image link. What I want to do is have the user upload the image using the regular upload image field and have it insert the uploaded image link into the custom image link field. How can I accomplish this task? It seems simple enough but have no clue on how I should approach this problem.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. I am trying to do it as well. Please share if you figure it out!

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday June 6, 2010 | Permalink
  3. You could accomplish this by writing custom PHP that interacts with the form.

We are looking into adding functionality so that the Post Image field will also populate a custom field with the path to the image that is uploaded.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 7, 2010 | Permalink
  4. iamtakashiirie

"You could accomplish this by writing custom PHP that interacts with the form."

Thank you Carl, but how do we do that? If you can guide me how to accomplish this, I would appreciate it.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 26, 2010 | Permalink
  5. Yes Carl, I'm trying too and really need it

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 27, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Yeux, do you just want a code snippet that lets you automatically insert an image into the post?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 27, 2010 | Permalink
  7. Intersted as well...

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday July 28, 2010 | Permalink