PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Pulling custom fields data to form

1. drughelpdesk

We are creating a business directory using the woo themes listings theme. One of the custom fields we have is contact this program, which is an image link on the single page listing. What we want to beable to do is for people to click on the "contact this program" button, and be taken to another page where we will have our "contact this program" gravity form. We want the form data to be sent to the programs email address. Is there a way to pull the custom field entry "emailaddress" from the page the user was on, into the gravity form that is opened.?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday January 10, 2011 | Permalink
  2. For clarification...

Are you wanting to pre-populate an email field that will exist on your form with data from a custom field on the page the form is on.

OR

Are you wanting to send the email notification for the form to the email address that is stored as a custom field on the page the form is on.

Both are possible, but i'd need to know which one you are trying do to provide directions.

3. drughelpdesk

either would do, but the form is not on the page where the custom fields are on. Every program has their own page, with all that programs details on. One of the fields on the page is a button "contact this program". If a user clicks this i want them to be taken to another page which has a contact us type form i created in gravity forms. I want this form to be pre-populated with the email address of the program. So pulling the email address field from the program page into the gravity form page.

4. This is a little more complex than can be explained on the support forum and is a customization. I can't provide a simple code snippet to do this, it's a multi-step process because you want data from another page and then you want to pre-define the notification email send to address. What is your skill level with PHP and WordPress development?

5. drughelpdesk

my skill level in php is so-so, not the greatest, but i will give it a go. Pretty efficient in wordpress.