PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Quantity to create number of products

1. jsiddon2343

I am using the form so customers can "build" a cake and get a price estimate from. Right now I have my product the cake frosting type as they determine the pricing of the cake. Cakes often have multiple tiers which may have different attributes and those should be user configurable options.
    I want users to be able to enter the number of tiers they want (for example they select five), then be able to set the attributes of each tier individually and get a total price estimate. How can I use quantity (or another field) to do this?

http://enchanteddreamsonline.com/wp/cake-builder/

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 7, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You can create a question of "how many layers would you like" and make it a drop down or radio buttons, from 1 to 5. Then use conditional logic to show between 1 and 5 groups of fields to described each layer. Each group of fields will contain the product and option fields to allow your customer to make their layer choices. All visible (due to being unhidden by conditional logic) product and option fields will be added to the total.

Does that work for you?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink
  3. jsiddon2343

So I would have to make a set of fields for layer1 and layer2 and layer 3 etc. right? Then once I had five of each layer attributes I could use the conditionals to display the correct number of attribute fields. How do I "group" my fields?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Yes, a set of fields for each layer.

You can group your fields by using section breaks, then use conditional logic to hide the whole section (each layer would be in its own section). Does that make sense?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 9, 2013 | Permalink