PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Question about user registration

1. sgarten

Hi, I just found out about Gravity Forms and love it so far! I bought the business license, and wanted to see if upgrading to the developer licence so that I have access to the user registration plugin would allow me to do the following:

I want to allow people to come to my site and sign up (get a user name and password). Ideally they would enter their name, address, phone, email and then create an account. Once they create an account, they would go to a form that would have multiple check boxes. They could check the boxes for the things they like and then hit save. On my end I could see the users name and their preferences. Whenever the user wanted to, they could come in and change their preferences.

Here's a scenario. My site lists peoples favorite bands. So, Steve comes on, creates an account and then gets a screen with 5 bands listed. He check the first two boxes for bands 1 and 2, but does not select bands 3, 4, or 5. Three months later, he is able to log back in and uncheck bands 1, and 2, but check bands 3, 4, and 5 as his tastes change. And, over time I could add more bands, so the first time he comes on we just have 5 bands, but maybe the next time he could choose from 20 bands (assuming I added them as options).

Can I use Gravity Forms to do this? Thanks so much!

--Stephen

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  2. If you use the User Registration Add-on version 1.5 (which is currently in beta) you can allow a user to update their profile. This will be possible with version 1.5. When you first set up a form, you will have all the existing bands in it. You will set up another form to allow a user to update their profile, and it will have the same list of bands. When you want to add new bands, you will have to go back and edit both these forms to add the new bands there, then users can select them when they register new, or update an existing profile. Does that make sense?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  3. sgarten

Thanks! A few things in follow up:

1) When do you think version 1.5 will be complete (not in beta)? Is the beta version stable?

2) Is there a limit to how many users that can register on my site? What if I had 15,000 people register? Can it handle that much volume? My hosting account has unlimited bandwidth and storage space. I will be using these forms for my business and need the data to be safe and stored reliably.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 26, 2013 | Permalink
  4. We don't speculate on release dates for beta software. We'll keep fixing bugs and issues so long as they're being reported to us and will release 1.5 when we feel it is stable enough for final release.

There is no limit to the number of entries you can collect with Gravity Forms. There would never be a limitation within Gravity Forms. Gravity Forms just registers the WordPress user for you. The limitations would be related to your host; the size of the database, file size allowed for database tables, disk space for the database tables, maximum number of rows in the MySQL table, or WordPress itself.

5. sgarten

So of what you know, does Wordpress limit the number of users?

Thanks@

6. David Peralty

WordPress itself, as far as I know, does not limit the number of users.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.