PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Random easy questions

1. Hi - I have a few random, probably fairly easy, questions:

- I'd like to use the "post creation" feature, so the form automatically creates a blog post. But I want it to automatically use fields that have already been filled in from the form, as opposed to having to enter the info again. How do I do that?
    - Is it possible to have someone submit video embed code in the form, and have it create part of a blog post from that?

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Only Post Fields create post related data. Standard and Advanced fields are for capturing information. If you want to create a Post, you need to use Post Fields.

If you wanted someone to include a video embed code you would need to use a Post Field that captures that information. Either the Post Body or a Post Custom Field that you then use on the front end to display the video.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 7, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Re my 1st question... are you saying that they'd have to fill in the information twice? Also, I'm actually now losing where I tell it how to create the post. For example, I want "First Name" and Last Name" to be the post title. Where do I set that?

So, using embed code would work, if I put it as a post field?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday June 9, 2010 | Permalink
  4. If you want to ask the submitter for the title, I think you'd need to use the Post Field called "Title" in your form.

5. If you want to use a field other than one of the Post Fields to generate a WordPress post you would have to use PHP to do so. The Name field is not a post field and if the Name field is set to display "First Name" and "Last Name" using the Standard name format, that is actually 2 fields not 1... so you would have to combine them and then populate the Post Title field using that data.

If you don't use the Post Fields to create a post then things get more complex and you would have to write custom PHP and take advantage of the available API hooks to accomplish this. It takes a lot of knowledge of PHP and WordPress development to do it this way.