PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

really simple captcha broken

1. I have several forms on a clients site that use really simple captcha. They were working perfectly, but have recently stopped working (not sure when exactly). It appears that the problem is that the captcha images are not in the uploads folder, so you get a blank space where the captcha image should be, and have no way of doing the captcha, rendering the forms unusable.
    I've also noticed that the client has used up all their server space, and thought this might be stopping the captcha images from being created. I removed a few obsolete images from the uploads folder to free up a little space, but the problem persists. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday May 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you post a link to one of these forms? Has anything changed in the site setup at all? I'd ask that a first step of troubleshooting be to follow the instructions here on checking for theme/plugin conflicts as to rule out that possibility:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Let us know what you find out.

3. There's an example at http://www.childhoodfirst.org.uk/contact-us/

I haven't changed anything in the setup, and the client only really edits the site which is why I though the problem might be due to lack of server space.

4. Are you running the latest version of GF? Are you running any caching plugins? It could be related to a caching plugin.

5. I deleted a bunch of backups from the server to clear more space, and now the captchas have returned. So it seems like space was the problem after all.

6. Cool, well glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for letting us know!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.