PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Received your update email today

1. I am a existing Developer license holder. I rec'd an email today, the opening line of which I believe to be misleading. Here is the first paragraph:
    Quote:
    "Dear Michael,

Your Gravity Forms Developer License will expire in 15 days. In order to continue receiving support and software updates, you must renew your license key.

Renew now and receive 50% off the standard price! Click the link below to renew your license key."
    End of quote

According to the "View Pricing and Purchase Options" page of your website, it is only the support and software updates that expire after one year, NOT the actual developer license (ability to use as a developer) itself. Does the license itself expire as you purport it does in the email?

mike@woodstabilizer.com

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday October 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. By "Does the license itself expire as you purport it does in the email?", I am asking if I will lose the use of my current version of Gravity forms on unlimited sites etc etc, or just lose "support and updates" if I don't renew.

3. The license/registration key that enables auto-updates and access to the support resources expires. Your plugin/forms will continue to work just fine. Of course if WordPress changes things in future versions, we can't guarantee that the current version of the plugin will work indefinitely.. that's where the benefit of renewal and updates comes in.