PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Register user and create custom post

1. Hi Guys

First off, thanks for the awesome plugin. Gravity Forms is amazing.

I'm working on a site that will allow users to ask questions and then allow registered professionals to answer the questions. I order to achieve this I would like to use the Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types plugin, along with Gravity Forms, to allow the user to enter their question and map the question to a custom post type. The answer to the question would be in the form of a comment on the post.

Now I would like WordPress to notify the user of an answer to a question (ie: a comment on their post) automatically via email. If the user is registered, WordPress automatically emails them to notify them of a comment.

What I'm wondering is: is it possible to use the Register User plugin for Gravity Forms, along with the Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types plugin to allow a user to ask a question and register as a user by completing a single form?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms has not been used to replace the comment functionality on a WordPress site yet, that I know of. The notification of comments on a post would not come from Gravity Forms, it would come from WordPress in the form of a WordPress plugin probably.

Gravity Forms will handle capturing the data for creating the custom post, but the commenting and notification functions would not come from Gravity Forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 15, 2011 | Permalink