PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Register users to Buddypress and another sqldatabase

1. I am using Buddypress and want to simultaneously register the identical user data in another sql database on the same site to avoid double registration. Can I use the multisite function for this? I also want to be able to have registered users have a single sign on with a GF form. Is this possible?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms doesn't currently sign users in, it only registers them using the User Registration Add-On. So it can't be used for a login form.

I'm not sure what you mean by use a second database to avoid double registration. Double registration can't occur, if a user already exists using the email address used in the registration form or the username used in the registration form your WordPress site isn't going to let them register and it's going to display an error saying that user already exists.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 17, 2011 | Permalink
  3. No what I mean is that there are 2 Mysql databases on our site. One is the normal WP database and the other is a mysql db for an ecommerce solution. To avoid users having to register on each DB separately I was wanting Gravity Forms to be able to create the user in both databases simultaneously when they register.

As a separate issue I will also need to allow them to sign in to both simultaneously but I understand now that this is not relevant to GF.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 30, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Gravity Forms only creates users on your WordPress site, so it wouldn't be able to create the user in both databases. If you wanted to create a user in your custom database you would have to write custom code and the customization to do this. It isn't going to be something it does out of the both, but the API hooks exist to allow you to execute custom code to accomplish this when the form is submitted. But you would have to write the custom code.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 30, 2011 | Permalink
  5. sascha

Hey Business Advisor,
    there is some info on having users automatically registered for different blogs on the net. It's an article by Justin Tadlock. You have to put some stuff in the wp-options.php and then the two blogs share the same users, so no need to log in. Maybe that helps?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 26, 2011 | Permalink