PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Registration with custom fields, leading to specific form

1. JoostSlijkoort

I'm about to purchase the Developer License, so i can use the User Registration component, because i would like to:

- Create a registration form, with a additional field (let's say users can make a choice, A/B/C)
    - Let the users verify themselves via e-mail and send them to one of my forms (A/B/C)

Do you think this is possible using Gravity in combination with the UR add-on?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I'm not sure what you are asking in your first question. You can use Gravity Forms and the User Registration Add-On to create a registration form and that registration form can consist of whatever fields you want to add to it using the Form Editor.

As for letting users verify themselves via e-mail, if you are wanting the user to verify their email before their user account is created using the User Registration Add-On that is not currently a built in feature. Right now the User is created as soon as the form is submitted or if used in combination with the PayPal Add-On when payment is received.

We do plan on introducing an email activation feature to incorporate email validation as part of the registration process but that is not currently a built in feature.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 17, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I just sent a related support request in. I also just read a 3 month old post where you said this would be an added feature in 2 months. Is it now developed?

I do think that until it is Gravity should be more forthcoming about this significant diversion from how Buddypress natively handles registration with a confirmation email. Gravity forms advertises that it works with Buddypress through the user registration add on. It would be good to make a note there that it in effect removes this feature to do so.

I just bought this plugin and I really like it. Gravity Forms is a wonderful plugin! However, you should definitely state this above mentioned issue in the paragraph on Buddypress working with user registration. It is a significant difference from the normal Buddypress registration process that many admins would want to know about before purchasing.

Are there any updates or workarounds now? Would putting the Gravity Forms script in the original Buddypress registration file work?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 11, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I am also interested in a status of email activation with BuddyPress or simply with WordPress. Is there a new time table? See link for details in URL below... It mentions that this was a planned feature. Per the post, this was looking to be released about 3 months ago.

Is there a status on this? Need a beta user?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/user-registration-buddypress-activation-link-per-email

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 15, 2012 | Permalink
  5. See this post from Carl: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/does-gf-have-email-validation-yet#post-58726

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 15, 2012 | Permalink