PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Remembering position in multi-page forms

1. LumpySimon

Hi

I have a potential customer who wants a long survey with conditionals on their website, so the multi-page forms feature in v1.5 looks just the job.

Just one question: is it possible to somehow recall a user's progress through the form, so if they interrupt their completion of the form they can go back to that position?

i.e. are their answers stored in either a cookie or the dabatabase until the point at which they submit the form, so it could potentially be repopulated with that data?

Many thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Currently this is not possible. The form data is not stored in cookies and is only populated once the final form submit button is pressed and the form is processed.

This is functionality we would like to add in the future, however there are details and issues that would have to be worked out with how it works and if it is user initiated (ie. a save button) or not.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 14, 2011 | Permalink
  3. LumpySimon

ok, thanks very much for the reply.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 14, 2011 | Permalink
  4. allmyhoney

I to would in interested in this progress bar. I want to create a long survey/exam on the site and think gf might give the best flexibility for this. Any update on this feature?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 23, 2011 | Permalink
  5. A progress indicator (several actually) is built in on multi-page forms. When you create a multi-page form, you will see these settings on the "Start Paging" section when you edit it:

http://minus.com/mKhobu3JG

6. allmyhoney

thanks for the update much appreciated.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.