PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Remove text string from calculation

1. ultramel123

Hi there.

In order to allow "duplicate" values in a dropdown menu, I would like to edit the dropdown menu as follows:

Apples and Oranges | 50-1
    Oranges and Lemons | 50-2
    Pineapples | 50-3
    tomatoes | 80-1

I need to remove the "-1", or "-2" from the dropdown menu's value for use in calculations.

How can I remove the this when I calculate my form fields?

Thank you

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Can I ask why you aren't using Products instead of a dropdown? If you were using a Product Dropdown field, you could have the prices for the various items be the same and work as expected in your calculations.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 20, 2013 | Permalink
  3. ultramel123

Hi David
    the reason for this is that the "product" dropdown requests to be linked to a "product" field, but that is not applicable here. I need the user to select an option from the dropdown, which will then be multiplied by a number field - and the result needs to then be displayed in another field.

4. David Peralty

Unfortunately, you are trying to use a field for what it isn't intended for and isn't supported to be used as, and as such, I don't know if there is any way with the set-up you have laid out to do what you want.