PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Required file uploads not picking up files

1. Hi,

I have a relatively long form with a lot of required fields, most of them being file uploads (23 upload fields). All the file upload fields are required. For some reason however the last three file upload fields aren't picking up the files I've chosen to be uploaded. I get the following error:

"There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below.
    This field is required."

The form is all on one page. There is some conditional logic involved if that makes a difference. I did a very bare bones test form with nothing but file upload fields (required) and I had no problems whatsoever so there's obviously something that I'm doing wrong here.

Any ideas what could be the problem? The form is used internally so I can't point to any url. I guess that can be sorted if needed though.

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 2, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Is it always the last three upload fields? Can you try uploading larger files and see if it could be a script time out issue? I want to see if it will upload less files if you have more large files near the start of your upload fields.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 2, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Yes it's always the last three fields. I'll give your suggestion a shot when I get back to the office. Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday July 3, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Tested this now with not much success. It seems I get the exact same issue whether I try to upload arger png files (around 4MB) or smaller (200KB).

However, when I upload really big png files (10+MB) after the upload is finished the form shows the spinner icon and just hangs there. At this point the form is rendered twice on the page for some reason. Looks very odd..

5. I've created a test account for you guys now if you would like to test the form. How can I provide the details?

6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you still require assistance with this please open a new support ticket or a priority support ticket if you are a developer license holder. Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday July 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.