PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Review Form?

1. Is there a way to show a "REVIEW" of what the user inputs before they pay?
    http://mrsmallclaims.com/small-claims/file-today

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday January 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. There currently isn't a preview or "review" option before you submit. It's something that's been requested a few times and we're discussing how to properly implement it in a future version of the plugin.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 20, 2011 | Permalink
  3. leprakhauns

Yes, please once someone knows how to do it, please let me know.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 27, 2011 | Permalink
  4. ldsform

I am needing to do this also. I would love to see this implemented.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 2, 2011 | Permalink
  5. I need this too. :-)

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 23, 2011 | Permalink
  6. This is a super good feature and I would say highly needed!

Even more so with multipage forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 10, 2011 | Permalink
  7. tmac2627

Looking for this as well.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 30, 2011 | Permalink
  8. This is something I need too!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 7, 2011 | Permalink
  9. acastro917

Also need it.....

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  10. HoneyBunny

I really liked this feature on MachForm - you can see what I mean by testing out their demo here: http://www.appnitro.com/demo/view.php?id=6 - it is definitely something I use frequently on all my non WP sites with MF installed.

When I first enabled it, it truly cut down on the amount of lazy mistakes people made in their forms.

It really makes sense to include it - especially in longer forms or forms with multiple pages. Please let us know when you decide to implement this feature.

11. We agree. We do plan on implementing a confirmation/review feature. However, it's something we haven't implemented just yet because we need to put more thought into it rather than add it for the sake of adding it.

There are a wide variety of use cases for Gravity Forms. While a confirmation/review page works great on a single page form, how do you handle it on a very large 10 page form? The confirmation would be one extremely long page.

Ultimately that may simply be unavoidable, but we would prefer to wait and introduce it after we have been able to come up with the best solution to handle it across a wide variety of form usage.

12. HoneyBunny

Yes in the case of longer forms there is that issue of it being a long page, but in forms of several pages (eg: 4 or 5) we've just had to do it - i guess that is the trade off. I usually add a note for people to print it and check their details if that is the case. It has shown up all pages on the one long page.

Perhaps you could offer a print button that will give those with a printer an alternative to do a quick printable page (or PDF?) of the details to skim through when you get to the review page. The option to print the review page could appear at the top?

Sure it wont suit everybody, though will help those with printers, but then again, if you have long forms, it is to be expected. I don't think there is much solution to streamline it when you have that much content. Perhaps a way to continue saving where you are up to for those with long page - if this isn't already implemented?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 3, 2011 | Permalink
  13. I need the review page feature as well!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  14. Me too please!

I'm a Gravity newbie, and I think this is an awesome plugin. But like many other people here, I'm not a programmer. This note is a general request for some dirt-basic documentation and tips for non-programmer Gravity users.

I just assumed there would be more of a graphical interface to the form styles and layouts, and easy to use buttons. I bought it for the robust Conditional logic and didn't look much further. Mea culpa. Now I'm under a tight deadline and out of my depth technically.

I'm willing to learn this code and I can follow complicated examples but I don't know how to start.

Of course my first form is a long one for a client who wants tons of conditional logic to support both print and online submission use cases.

For example, the conditional logic has to be set up such that ALL fields are displayed by default on form entry, and only disappear when conditions are actively met. (That logic made my head hurt.)

They also want a Reset button, a Review button that will apply the field logic and throw errors until they get it right), and they want a Print button on the Review page.

I have no idea where to start. I know that these are technically possible. (Reset is a default HTML button and should be supported by Gravity as such.) But at the moment I don't know how to control the form manually and I'm having a hard time finding the right level of Help to get me started.

I've been reading the forums, and apparently it's possible to basically send the form contents to a different page, which would apply the logic and display the form with the formatted contents. The user can then use their browser's Print function to print the form, or click the Send button to send it on its merry way. Is this correct? Can anyone reply with a howto link? None of those discussions provided explicit steps.

The problem with forum discussions and the Gravity docs is that a lot of the instructions assume a level of knowledge that many users here don't share. The doumentation has statements such as:
    "If you’re styling a specific form, you would simply view your source, find the form ID and replace the ID in my examples with your own." (http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/CSS_Targeting_Samples)

Fine. I understand the logic. But how do I "simply view" the source? Where is it? What file(s) is it in?
    Where is the Form Oject?
    Where are the CSS snippets coming from? I assume I manipulate the CSS by adding it to the Canvas theme's custom.css file, but it would be good to view the original source also. I might learn something.

It is very hard to find help online that includes the basic steps a Gravity newbie needs to get started.

(Personally, I think you're missing out on a business opportunity - a quick search reveals that a lot of your customers are willing to buy Gravity form templates because we have other things to do besides learning how to manipulate the code directly - as much fun as I'm sure it will be...)

If this level of beginner Help exists and I've missed it, I apologize. But I'm also a tech writer and I'm usually pretty good at finding the help I need.

Meanwhile, I'm taking notes as I climb my learning curve, and I will share them here once I figure anything out, in case it proves useful to others.
    Thanks in advance for any tips or directions.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 21, 2012 | Permalink