PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Section Break - Field Name - Font Size

1. blafarmm

I thought it best create a new thread for this topic.

In an effort to globally make my Section Break - Field Name font size larger within Thesis -- I followed the instructions in the fourth post in this thread:
    http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/changing-the-background-color-of-individual-fields?replies=5
    ...and added the following snippet to my Thesis custom.css:

.gform_wrapper .gsection .gfield_label, .gform_wrapper h2.gsection_title, .gform_wrapper h3.gform_title {
    font-family:Helvetica,sans-serif;
    font-size:30px;
    font-weight:bold;}

Then I edited it so that it was entirely on one line:

.gform_wrapper .gsection .gfield_label, .gform_wrapper h2.gsection_title, .gform_wrapper h3.gform_title {font-family:Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:30px; font-weight:bold;}

Then, I tried to increase the Section Break - Field Name font size with this snippet:

li.mylabelstyle .gsection_title {color:#f80; font-size:30px}

Unfortunately, none of these approaches seem to be working.

Can you please help me to understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday July 9, 2010 | Permalink
  2. If you want to change the section title globally for all your forms, you should be able to simply add this to your custom.css file.

h2.gsection_title {font-size:30px;}

if you want it only for a certain form, you can use inheritance from the form wrapper ID to apply it to only the one.

#gform_wrapper_60 h2.gsection_title {font-size:30px;}

I would remove the other stuff you've tried so there's not a conflict, then add this to your file and see if that works. As always, we're here to help out if you're still having problems so just let us know.

3. blafarmm

Thank for that clarification Kevin.
    You always supply great support.
    All the best

4. blafarmm

Hmm...

Actually, that's not working for me.

I copied your text verbatim -- and that didn't work.

Then, upon closer inspection, I deleted the trailing semicolon you had after the 30px -- and didn't work either.

Have I misunderstood?

Edit: FYI: I have also cleared my cache

5. Nope you're fine. Try this. It should work for you.

h2.gsection_title {font-size:30px!important;}

the semicolon isn't really required at the end of the rule so it's more of a preference. You do have to make sure you use it between properties though.

Here's a quick screenshot.. I threw in a couple of other styles just to demonstrate that it's targeting the section title properly.

screenshot

6. blafarmm

That did it.
    Thanks very much.
    I need to remember that "important" addition.

7. Yeah, I forgot to mention that you might need it to override something else. Glad it worked for you this time.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday July 10, 2010 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.