PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Send email for User Notification on payment

1. Hi,

I have a form which uses the paypal add-on plugin

All works great and the user receives a notification email when they fill the form out,

The form has 3 options, 2 of which when selected work for the user notification.

However, if "pay online" is selected, the paypal add-on pugin directs the user to paypal, but I also need to send the user a notification email.

Probably a dumb question but I cannot see where or how to do it???

Thank you!
    Graham

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Just to clarify,

I have 3 options on the form, to ask the client how they want to pay,

by phone / existing member / pay online

1st 2 options send the user notification through upon submission of the form. I have set this in the main notifications settings of the form, "Notification to User".

However, if the user selects pay online, the form redirects to paypal using the paypal add-on plugin, but no notification is sent to the user.

Just need to know how to do this and how to set it up.

Thanks for your help

Graham

3. The user notification can be sent immediately, even when using PayPal, or you can hold it until after PayPal payment is received and the payment status on your site is updated. On the page where you configure the PayPal feed for your form, find this checkbox: "Send user notification only when payment is received."

Screenshot: http://minus.com/lsfj8XssS4TkC

What is the setting there? If you are holding the notification until after payment is received, the notification will not be sent until after the payment status is updated in the entry.

4. Hi Chris

Many thanks!

I was looking in the wrong place, makes perfect sense now!

Much appreciated

Graham

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

Glad you were able to figure it out. All my best!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.