PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Send notification to administrator in plain text

1. I'm trying to configure GF so that email notifications to the administrator are sent in plain text. I disabled auto formatting, and searched through the forum. I see some similair questions, but no clear answers. The documentation on notification provides only code for sending all notifications in plain text, which isn't what I want.
    Can you help me out?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 27, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Check out the details here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_notification_format

It shows an example that gives the admin notification in plain text. All my best!

3. Thanks. I saw this, but since it's deprecated I thought I shouldn't use it. However, if it's the only way, I'll try.
    Should I add that anywhere in the common.php file? Or does it replace some existing code?

4. David Peralty

You will edit your theme's functions.php file, and similar code using the new hook will work for 1.7. All my best!

5. Nevermind, I found another way: on line 1125 of common.php, just change html into text. Sounds more futureproof than a deprecated piece of code.

6. David Peralty

Except that when you update the plugin, you'll override your change. That's why we have hooks that people can use in their functions.php file.

7. That's a good point David. I'll give your option a go then.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 28, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.