PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Shortcode to download csv

1. I'm interested in creating a way for my client to download a csv from the database of form submissions for a specific form. I've done this in CF7 and their database extension with a short code on a page-- but I'd really love to take advantage of additional features in GF!

I only give these clients access to "editor" roles, so that they can't get in and mess up the plugins and their configurations. Is there a way (through a shortcode perhaps), that the client can get the info from submitted forms without admin access?

Thanks!
    Bet

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday November 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I don't know of a programmatic way to create a CSV export: there is no functionality built in to Gravity Forms to do this at this time.

There is a Gravity Forms permission called "gravityforms_export_entries" which you could grant to your editors to allow them access to just this one function. It would not be a link to the download, but it would allow them to create their own download. They would have access to entries for all forms at that point.

3. Can you briefly describe how an editor-level user would access gravity data thru the export_entries function?

4. I used the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock and edited my Editors role to give them "gravityforms_export_entries" capability. Then I created an editor. When I logged in as that editor, I have a forms menu with "Import/Export" and Help. Under Import/Export, I have options to export entries, export forms, and import forms. Unfortunately, all those options work, which is not what you want to make available to your editors.

I'm not the the capabilities are granular enough to restrict the editor role to just export entries.

You could, instead, copy the existing export routine, and create a function or plugin which makes that available to your editors. That would require some programming and is not as simple as using a shortcode, as you've done in the past. The feature you're used to from Contact Form 7 and the database extension does not yet exist in Gravity Forms.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 5, 2012 | Permalink