PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Should User Registration Add-On work with 1.5 RC3? Or only beta3?

1. wesleyshaw

Was about to test out the new add-on (it sounds great), but despite the fact that I'm using a registered copy of 1.5 RC3, I'm getting an error message saying that Gravity Forms 1.5.beta3 is required. Do I need to downgrade to test this?

Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday January 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The User Registration Add-On should work with 1.5 RC3. You can ignore any message stating otherwise, it doesn't like the RC3 as part of the version number. The final 1.5 release won't have that issue.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday January 8, 2011 | Permalink
  3. wesleyshaw

I must be missing something, but where do I have the option of including these fields? When I go to "create form" I see the same old options in the sidebar. Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday January 10, 2011 | Permalink
  4. wesleyshaw

Hmm. I don't see the menu items that you're showing in your screen shot. Here's what I see:

https://img.skitch.com/20110110-gqq1x493msqdckswcu4dinitc7.jpg

5. I'm a little confused as to what you are asking. What fields are you referring to? The User Registration Add-On only adds one new field to Gravity Forms, a Password field. Other than that it adds a new menu item in your WordPress navigation under Forms called User Registration.

If you don't see the User Registration menu item with the Add-On activated then you may be running a plugin like the Members role management plugin, in which case you may need to edit the Admin role and make sure the capabilities for the User Registration Add-On are checked and active.

6. webmaid

Hi, just bought and setup Gravityforms with Mailchimp, Paypal and Userregistration plugins. Have the same issue: Paypal and Userregistration plugins do not work. There aren't any additional fields nor the settings option for Paypal or a new menu item as described in the documentation/this forum topic. In the plugin section of WP both plugins show up this text "Gravity Forms 1.5.beta1 is required."

I have no roles plugin installed and yes, I have admin rights. The plugins are the latest versions provided on the download pages.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday January 11, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Same for me as well. I don't see any menu item called user registration.

8. webmaid

Problem resolved. Had the regular version 1.4.5 installed (which was distributed via the download link after my purchase), not the RC.

9. If you install the add-ons and they are activated, and you have the latest version of Gravity Forms v1.5 installed and activated and the menu items for PayPal or User Registration aren't showing up it could be due to a role management plugin such as the Members plugin hiding them. If you are running the Members plugin make sure the admin role has all the Gravity Forms capabilities checked and turned on.

10. wesleyshaw

Hey Carl: I just upgraded to the latest version of the extension and I'm still not seeing anything new in the form menu (https://img.skitch.com/20110112-paar877brif3g5kw21cyxf6bug.jpg — you can see the menu and the versions of the GF plugins I'm using here).

I'm not running any members plugin-ins. Any more ideas? Thanks. Not a real rush here, just trying to help straighten this out ahead of the full release of it.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday January 12, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Jason

I have the same issue. I have a completely vanilla WP 3.0.4 install - the only plugins are:

GF Version 1.5.rc3.2,
    Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On Version 1.0.beta3,
    Gravity Forms PayPal Add-On Version 1.0.beta5,

The PayPal Add-On is refusing to play with rc3.2 as well.

12. Hi Jason,

I believe this is an issue with the version function not liking the "rc" portion of the version name. The plugins should still be functional even though though the warning is displayed. Is this not the case?

13. Jason

David,

Unfortunately the Add-Ons are non functional - no options or menu items display when running RC3.2.

I have tested both Add-ons by switching to GF 1.5.beta3 - and presto - both Add-Ons work, but with RC3.2 they are completely disabled.

14. Hi Jason,

Would it be possible for you to send an FTP/WP login to your website at david@rocketgenius.com?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 13, 2011 | Permalink
  15. wesleyshaw

David/Carl: any progress on this? I'm just playing with it again and no dice yet: still no user registration menu in the left column.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday January 18, 2011 | Permalink
  16. Hi Wesley,

Just sent you an email with an updated version to resolve this issue. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

For any other users experiencing a version issue with the latest Gravity Form release candidate and the User Registration Add-on. Just post your email here and I will send you the version-fix.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday January 18, 2011 | Permalink