PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Single field for Password

1. I saw that this was recently addressed (link), but the final answer wasn't there.

Why is it impossible to use a single line text field with password input as the password in user registration? It doesn't show up as an option in the user registration fields, just "Auto generate password". Works fine with the advanced (dual) field.

Trying to simplify a signup form as much as possible, and the client wants a single field.

Thanks!

Peter

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. The information I gave in this previous reply was incorrect. You could use a plain text field with the password-masking asterisks for any input you like, but you cannot use that field as the password field in the User Registration add-on. The user registration add-on currently requires a password field or the auto-generated password.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. mic

Ok, so this is only the password fields for Registration add-on...

It is there a way to display the password field in the messages.
    People have forgotten their password and I can not remember them ...

Thanks
    Mic

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 11, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Users can use your site's WordPress password recovery options. There is nothing specifically built in to Gravity Forms or the User Registration add-on to handle that. This will be the link, but for your domain:

http://example.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 12, 2012 | Permalink